What's a Chris?
Throughout the past few years working within the mechanical engineering industry, I have been able to combine my passion for engineering with creative design, fusing form with function. My curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new skills motivates me to stay current with developing technologies and fuels my projects both at work and at home. As a result, I am excited to leverage my newly acquired programming skills to gain exposure and credibility in the consumer product industry. I look forward to using everything I have learned thus far to make innovative and unique ideas come to life in the very near future!
If you like my work, have a particular idea/project you'd like to discuss, or just want to say "hi", feel free to shoot me a line.
Also, while I've got your attention, feel free to check out some of my work here!
Advanced 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, Pro/e), proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Slack, Atom, Sublime Text.
Design for Manufacturability, project management, product design, hands-on machine shop and tooling skills, rapid prototyping, 3D printing, finite element analysis, and technical writing experience.
jQuery, Bootstrap, Git, Github, Agile workflow, MVC framework, Rspec, Capybara testing tools, Shopify.
- Programmer, engineer, and maker-of-things who is passionate about fusing form with function.
- 5+ years in the mechanical engineering industry, 3+ years experience in hardware design.
San Diego, CA | March 2017
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA | June 2013
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
Victorise | Carlsbad, CA
Full-Stack Developer (Intern) | Feb 2017 - Current
- Continually assisting in the MVP development of the Victorise sports tracking app using the MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, NodeJS) wrapped in the Cordova/Ionic frameworks for cross-platform use (iOS and Android).
- Optimized mobile app runtime by isolating and prioritizing data-loading methods on startup.
- Designed, modeled, and 3D printed the goggle attachment for the app's arduino/bluetooth hardware.
Carlsbad Manufacturing Corporation | Carlsbad, CA
Product Design Engineer | March 2015 - Oct 2016
- Applied engineering and design-for-manufacturability (DFM) principles to the fabrication of new client projects and existing manufacturing processes (steel, aluminum, fiberglass, and cellular PVC).
- Provided both remote and on-site support for all internal manufacturing facilities.
- Interpreted customer specifications/requirements to create new or modify existing SolidWorks models and technical drawings.
- Initiated new product design and development.
- Provided support and feedback to new SolidWorks users within the company.
BRICKH3D | Encinitas, CA
President/Owner | Feb 2014 - Current
- Sole proprietor of BRICKH3D: a unique custom 3D printing consumer experience.
- Carry products from the design stages of sketching/CAD through prototyping and field testing.
- Extensively problem-solve within all facets of business, from troubleshooting printer hardware and software, g-code, and product designs to improving e-commerce website and operations.
- Continually learning new tasks in a timely manner while adhering to self-imposed timelines.
BMT Scientific Marine Services | Escondido, CA
Mechanical Engineer (Contract) | Aug 2014 - Nov 2014
- Designed and developed SolidWorks parts/assemblies for subsea monitoring instrumentation.
- Assisted the quality control of CAD models, ensuring design-for-manufacturability and adherence to specifications set forth by the client and ISO design standards for subsea applications.
- Collaborated with fellow engineers to ensure subsystems interface as intended per top-level design specs.
- Generated technical reports reflecting design-basis and FEA for client review and approval.
QuikScann3D | Encinitas, CA
3D Scanning and Printing Technician | Nov 2013 - Aug 2014
- Provided technical assistance for the first U.S. direct-to-customer 3D body scanning and printing service.
- Processed raw data from projected light-based scanners to produce fully colored and textured PLY files.
- Developed customizable CAD models to 3D print along with client body scans.
- Mobilized equipment and scanned talent on-location for various Hollywood movie productions, including Disney and Paramount.
UC Davis Engineering Fabrication Lab | Davis, CA
Student Assistant | July 2011 - July 2013
- Completed manufacturing and fabrication projects assigned by lead supervisors.
- Operated and maintained machines, tools, and 3D rapid prototyping printer.
- Utilized Autodesk Inventor to design replacement parts and tools for use throughout shop.
- Trained and assisted new student assistants in safety standards and shop procedures.
- Acted as rapid prototyping technician, assisting users with 3D CAD and designing for 3D prints.
Description: Arduino-powered 12 x 12 LED matrix with full-stack web/mobile app controller.
Whelp (Barks and Rec)
Description: Group project completed at LEARN Academy where users can create, share, and RSVP to dog-friendly venues and events in their area.
Description: Browser-supported Battleship game with flexbox layout, click events, and virtual command terminal/console.
Description: Portfolio website concept, designed from scratch for practice to host resumé, projects, and skills.